[Tribal-drug-courts] drug screen vs intoxilyzer readings

Shirley J. Smith shirley.j.smith at co.cass.mn.us
Thu Jun 1 15:01:53 CDT 2017

In Cass County we test for EtG as alcohol is the drug of choice for most of
our participants.  We use a quick test cup that screens for EtG in addition
to 7 other drugs and we catch them often.   We rarely have the expense of
the lab as a training we attended with the toxicologist told us that if they
are negative on the quick test, they'll be negative at the lab.  So we just
have the expense of the cups.

Shirley Smith

Cass County/Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe Wellness Court