[Tribal-drug-courts] drug screen vs intoxilyzer readings

Pojoaque, Judge judge at pojoaque.org
Thu Jun 1 15:02:32 CDT 2017

I would continue to do random drug testing, maybe less frequently but enough to keep the person on alert. We have several participants who had used only alcohol in the past substitute illegal drugs (mostly cocaine it seems) because they thought we wouldn't catch that behavior.

We generally use instant alcohol metabolite urine testing (80-hour lookbacks) rather than breath tests so we can know whether the participant had alcohol any time in the last 80 hours, rather than the last 12 hours or so.

Kim McGinnis, PhD., Esq.
Chief Judge,
Pueblo of Pojoaque Tribal Court,
58 Cities of Gold Road, Suite 5,
Santa Fe, NM 87506
Phone: 505.455.2271
Cell: 505.469.6157
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D2DADF.B5B3FE40]

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail or by telephone and delete this message from your computer.