[Tribal-drug-courts] LAST CALL: 2019 Arizona ADCP Conference Call for Presenters

Lauren van Schilfgaarde Lauren at tlpi.org
Thu Nov 8 16:27:02 CST 2018

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/c897142c4d9b1c8980cb824e0/images/06c5600f-cbfa-4e70-bbc1-4bff779e6542.png]

CALL FOR PRESENTERS

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/c897142c4d9b1c8980cb824e0/images/d3f6b189-3f9a-4d9f-850f-0182035be662.png]The Arizona Association of Drug Court Professionals (AADCP) is pleased to announce the Call for Presenters for the 2019 Annual AADCP Problem Solving Conference: Voices for Justice to be held April 17th-19th, 2019, at the Prescott Resort in Prescott, Arizona.  Our goal is to offer quality workshops that provide skill-building opportunities, increase professional competencies, and focus on implementing research into practice, while also encompassing the spirit of this year’s conference theme.

Workshops will be 75 minutes in length and are to provide attendees with information, tools, and/or action items that attendees can take back to their respective treatment courts and use in their jurisdictions and communities.

As research has emerged on problem solving courts, it has become apparent that while courts have different target populations, we recognize that the core standards apply to all treatment courts.  However, we do recognize that each court’s target population may bring additional or specific training applicable to their population.  In the spirit of this research we will no longer have separate tracks dedicated to specific types of courts.  We have found that many of the topics presented are applicable to most of the courts.  Therefore, we ask when you are submitting your proposal you designate which of the following populations your presentation will be applicable to-

  *   Drug Court
  *   DUI Court
  *   Family Drug Courts
  *   Juvenile/Young Adult Courts
  *   Mental Health Court
  *   Native American Healing to  Wellness Courts
  *   Veterans Court
  *   Other Courts such as homeless court, accountability courts for Domestic Violence or any other populations not specified.
We encourage workshops that help attendees’ complete hours applicable to their licensure requirements for ethics and cultural competency (for example: CEU’s for counselors, social workers, CLE for lawyers, COJET for court and county personnel). When submitting your proposal, please ensure your presentation title, abstract and learning objectives highlights ethics and/or cultural competency, as these will be given first review.

Submission Guidelines
The conference title
Voices for Justice represent the opportunities provided to program participant to learn to live a life of recovery. This is done through a holistic approach, using-evidenced based best practices.  All program stakeholders must collaborate to develop, implement and sustain programs/services that allow for this transformation to occur.

When submitting your workshop proposals, please include the following:

  *   Workshop Title
  *   Workshop Description (Abstract)
  *   Learning Objectives
  *   Presenter Information- Name(s), Title, Agency Address, E-mail and Phone Number
  *   Primary Contact for the workshop
  *   The audience that your presentation is applicable to
If your proposal includes more than one presenter, only one presenter will receive a complementary conference registration; up to two additional presenters may attend the conference at a reduced registration fee (upon request)

Registration
All presenters must register for the conference.  Additionally, all travel and lodging expenses related to presenting at the conference are the responsibility of each presenter.  Application deadline is 5:00PM (Mountain Standard Time) on Friday,  November 16, 2018.  Lead presenters will be notified of their presentation status on or prior to Friday, January 11th, 2019.

Audience Profile
Presentations will be addressed to judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys, probation officers, parole officers, law enforcement, social workers, behavioral health professionals and paraprofessionals, treatment providers, community advocates, alumni/participants, government officials, Veteran Affairs, Native American Tribal communities, educators and students.

Submit Application<https://azadcp.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c897142c4d9b1c8980cb824e0&id=ccc81eb45f&e=555888cfa6>