[Tribal-drug-courts] Antifreeze

Cary, Paul L. carypl at missouri.edu
Wed May 10 15:58:27 CDT 2017

Hello Judge:

Carolyn Hardin has forwarded your email inquiry to me for a response.

Indeed, the consumption of ethylene glycol is extremely dangerous (life-threatening).  And, the medical literature sites many cases where ethylene glycol has been consumed by alcoholics as substitute for drinking alcohol (ethanol).

Ethylene glycol will not be detected by routine ethanol testing.

Please get back to me with follow-up concerns.

PLC

--