[Tribal-drug-courts] participant again

Dave McArthur Dave.McArthur at whiteearth-nsn.gov
Wed May 10 09:27:25 CDT 2017

We allow them to go through the court a second time. We have the client write a letter to the court asking for acceptance into the court. They have to be detailed explaining why they deserve a second chance, and explaining in detail how they will put efforts into change. If the letter shows they really want to change the board will allow them back into the program. IF the letter is not very detailed or heartfelt the board would probably pass on a second time through the court. We do this to try a deter clients from just using the court to have their charges dropped.