[Tribal-drug-courts] MOU between tribal court and state partners

BJ Jones hon.bj.jones at gmail.com
Tue May 9 12:36:48 CDT 2017

We had some difficulties at Sisston-Wahpeton because 90% of the participants in our Wellness Court are state court referrals for felony drug and alcohol offenses and since the state court did not operate a drug court the former prosecutor argued to the state Judge that he should not refer tribal members to our court unless we also accepted non-Indians. We got around it when she got voted out of office. BJ Jones