[Tribal-drug-courts] Tribes at the NADCP Conference

Lauren van Schilfgaarde Lauren at tlpi.org
Thu Jul 6 14:59:29 CDT 2017

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D2F656.4C1CEC70]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.wellnesscourts.org_&d=DwMGaQ&c=Kvv26BWkcPMLSd3gjl13yQ&r=yng0QZ5YWjc-Eigu8XfviBy3ib62eW7GAoMNtVz6K50&m=v81pgc7B0bg0bhERftMnF4WVDZyFmkjYKOovVaRYI3c&s=FhOHAxahRLrbEvXnjFdn6NhVjnVe2cjxv4uFrJoZbMA&e=>
Attention Tribes Attending the NADCP Conference!
We at TLPI are getting excited to travel out to D.C. for the annual National Association of Drug Court Professionals Conference<http://www.nadcpconference.org/>! If you and your team are planning to attend, we hope to see you there!

The NADCP Conference offers numerous workshops on topics ranging from treatment, best practices, legal considerations, and innovative new tools. But there’s a lot to navigate! We invite you to start off the conference with us at the Tribal Nations Forum, taking place Sunday, July 9, 2017 at 1:15pm – 2:30pm in Chesapeake DEF. This is a great opportunity to meet other Healing to Wellness Courts in attendance, learn about tribal-specific opportunities at the conference, game-plan for the upcoming conference, and brainstorm with the best and brightest—your peers! You’ll also have access to printed copies of TLPI’s resources, including our newest publication: Tribal Healing to Wellness Courts: The Judicial Bench Book<http://www.wellnesscourts.org/files/THWC%20Judicial%20Bench%20Book%20May%202016(1).pdf>.

Other Native and Tribal-specific NADCP events include:
Sunday July 9, 2017

8:45am – 11:45am

Native Americans and Healing: How Historical, Intergenerational and Modern Day Trauma Impacts Behavioral Health

Chesapeake 4-6

1:15pm – 2:30pm

Tribal Nations Forum

TS-3, Chesapeake DEF

Monday, July 10, 2017

9:30am – 10:45am

Family Tribal Healing to Wellness Courts

Maryland 1-3

11:00am – 12:15pm

Healing to Wellness Court: A National Survey and Latest Research

Maryland 1-3

1:45pm – 3:00pm

Establishing the First Joint Tribal-State Therapeutic Court in Alaska

Maryland 1-3

4:45pm – 6:00pm

Serving Beyond High Risk/High Need in Wellness Courts

Maryland 1-3

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

9:30am – 10:45am

Tribal-State Collaborations

National Harbor 2-3

1:45pm – 3:00pm

Two-Spirit (LGBTQ) Natives in the Drug Court System: Another Closet or an Open Door?

National Harbor 2-3

3:15pm – 4:30pm

Participants’ Rights in Healing to Wellness Courts

National Harbor 2-3

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

7:30am – 8:45am

Ethics in Wellness Court

Maryland A

Please feel free to reach out to the Tribal Law and Policy Institute at wellness at tlpi.org<mailto:wellness at tlpi.org> for any questions. We look forward to seeing you there.

For your calendar:

  *   Tribal Healing to Wellness Court Enhancement Training<http://www.enhancementraining.org/>
FREE
September 12-14, 2017
Albuquerque, NM
Hosted by TLPI<http://www.home.tlpi.org/>

Questions? Request for technical assistance?
Email: wellness at tlpi.org<mailto:wellness at tlpi.org>

Tribal Law and Policy Institute
8235 Santa Monica Blvd. Ste. 211
West Hollywood, CA 90046