[Tribal-drug-courts] The Film "Tribal Justice" will be screened at the 2017 THWC Enhancement Training

Lauren van Schilfgaarde Lauren at tlpi.org
Mon Aug 28 16:35:48 CDT 2017

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D2FF3B.F71AAE80]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.wellnesscourts.org_&d=DwMGaQ&c=Kvv26BWkcPMLSd3gjl13yQ&r=yng0QZ5YWjc-Eigu8XfviBy3ib62eW7GAoMNtVz6K50&m=v81pgc7B0bg0bhERftMnF4WVDZyFmkjYKOovVaRYI3c&s=FhOHAxahRLrbEvXnjFdn6NhVjnVe2cjxv4uFrJoZbMA&e=>
Film Tribal Justice Will be Screened at the
Tribal Healing to Wellness Court Enhancement Training<https://www.enhancementtraining.org/tribal-justice>
The Tribal Law and Policy Institute is pleased to announce that Anne Makepeace’s film, Tribal Justice, will be screened at the Tribal Healing to Wellness Court Enhancement Training<http://www.enhancementtraining.org/>.

[Tribal Justice - March Screenings]<http://makepeaceproductions.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=c7f7dbe0446dfa03fc09deb78&id=7a3c78d81f&e=aa60a35bde>

[Tribal Justice airs on CPTV]<http://makepeaceproductions.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=c7f7dbe0446dfa03fc09deb78&id=1837eb6442&e=aa60a35bde>

In Tribal Justice,<http://makepeaceproductions.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c7f7dbe0446dfa03fc09deb78&id=dcf7c02fd1&e=aa60a35bde> two Native American judges reach back to traditional concepts of justice in order to reduce incarceration rates, foster greater safety for their communities and create a more positive future for youth. By addressing the root causes of crime, they are modeling restorative systems that are working. Mainstream courts across the country are taking notice.
________________________________

To learn more about Tribal Justice,<http://makepeaceproductions.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c7f7dbe0446dfa03fc09deb78&id=7fe60dc32b&e=aa60a35bde> see a list of upcoming screenings, read reviews, and find out how to buy DVDs or stream the film after September 19th, please visit:
www.TribalJusticeFilm.com<http://makepeaceproductions.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c7f7dbe0446dfa03fc09deb78&id=f4499eb4fb&e=aa60a35bde>

A lovely, bittersweet film about an intensely delicate subject.... Veteran documentarian Anne Makepeace gets wonderful access. There is a reassuring wisdom to be found in the women Ms. Makepeace has made that movie about.
—John Anderson, The Wall Street Journal

I love the film. It's what I like most about art —
when it is devastating, and beautiful.
—Anna Deavere Smith, Actor, playwright, professor New York University

Tribal Justice is an eloquent song, a song of resiliency and hope.
It is a song that needs to be sung in every state court justice system.
In this film, Tribal Judges Abinanti and White show us how.
We  owe them deep gratitude for sharing this gift.
—Timothy Connors. Presiding Judge, Washtenaw County
Peacemaking Court

Makepeace has made a film that is as gratifying as it is powerful…
a film that is as beautiful to watch as it is haunting, a story
rich in character and place.
—Bruce Murkoff, The Lakeville Journal and the Millerton News

Gritty, realistic, hopeful, and culturally grounded.
—Duane Champagne, Professor of Sociology and Amerian Indian Studies at UCLA and Professor of Law at UCLA School of Law

Phenomenal, emotional,captures tribal courts and two wonderful spirits.
—Judge Richard Blake, Chief Judge of the Hoopa Tribe

This film is a wonderful way to educate people about tribal sovereignty and the ways we use it to resolve disputes in our tribal communities.
—John Echohawk, Executive Director, Native American Rights Fund

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/c7f7dbe0446dfa03fc09deb78/images/33286a96-ecd6-4aa7-a601-a4628c8b892b.jpg]

Questions? Request for technical assistance?
Email: wellness at tlpi.org<mailto:wellness at tlpi.org>

Tribal Law and Policy Institute
8235 Santa Monica Blvd. Ste. 211
West Hollywood, CA 90046