[Tribal-drug-courts] FW: Giving Tuesday -- The Tribal Law and Policy Institute

Lauren van Schilfgaarde Lauren at tlpi.org
Tue Nov 29 11:33:23 CST 2016

Friends and Family,

I hope you all had a great holiday weekend with your family. As you know, I am a staff attorney at the Tribal Law and Policy Institute<http://www.home.tlpi.org/> (TLPI), a non-profit organization dedicated to providing law and policy services, training, and technical assistance for the benefit of Native Nations and Native peoples. You know we rarely solicit donations, but with it being Giving Tuesday and all, I hope you will join me in dedicating our morning coffee (or month’s coffee) towards good work.

As the water protectors prepare for colder nights, all of Indian country is bracing for battles to come. We remain resolute in our commitment to protecting tribal sovereignty, indigenous justice, and the safety of Natives. I have always been proud of TLPI’s almost stubborn insistence that tribes require the most sophisticated legal analysis that is in deference to indigenous justice systems, and for free. With your help, we can continue to make this so.

Today, I intend on giving to organizations that aim to do good work, and follow through. For me, this includes TLPI. For those of you attending the OVC Indian Nations Conference<http://www.ovcinc.org/>, Aurora and I look forward to seeing you and wish you safe travels. I wish you all a beautiful and safe holiday season with your loved ones.

Check out more about TLPI below (including a sweet staff picture!).

Thank you!

Lauren van Schilfgaarde

Use this area to offer a short preview of your email's content.

View this email in your browser<http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=2098ca541b563fa96b8822b3f&id=684a2a3451&e=>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/2098ca541b563fa96b8822b3f/images/a4ef7960-b1c8-425c-9416-a9fe9ccaa2c4.jpg]<http://www.home.tlpi.org>

Giving Tuesday
Today, you can transform the way you participate in the holiday season by participating in Giving Tuesday, a global day dedicated to giving, which began as a way to give back to the community after Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

As the Tribal Law and Policy Institute (TLPI) completes its 20th year of service, I am reaching out to you to ask for a tax-deductible donation so our organization can continue to provide quality services and resources for American Indian and Alaska Native communities in the challenging days ahead. You can help us develop more publications, administer more regional and national trainings, and provide a broader range of other vital law and policy services for Native communities.
You can help us further our mission of enhancing and strengthening tribal sovereignty and justice while honoring community values, protecting rights, and promoting well-being.

Last year we were able to raise $11,600 in donations.Our goal this year is to raise $18,500. With the increasing likelihood of federal funding cuts in the near future, we need your help now more than ever.
Will you help us reach our goal so that we can provide exceptional training, technical assistance, and resources for Native communities?

Donate Now<https://givingtuesday.razoo.com/us/story/Tribal-Law-And-Policy-Institute>

Your tax-deductible donation will help us to provide increased training and resources for the tribes, tribal court systems, and tribal victim services programs that we serve every day. Your donation will allow us to further our mission of enhancing and strengthening tribal sovereignty and justice while honoring community values, protecting rights and promoting well-being.

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/2098ca541b563fa96b8822b3f/images/7c662e89-dc45-4916-9ca4-77ad4a1937b4.jpg]

Will you invest in Strengthening
Tribal Sovereignty and  Justice?

Donate Now<https://givingtuesday.razoo.com/us/story/Tribal-Law-And-Policy-Institute>

Ways to Give

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/2098ca541b563fa96b8822b3f/images/3fb7fc9c-c855-456e-868f-3a54ef23fb1f.png]<http://www.smile.amazon.com>

Amazon Smile
You shop.
Amazon Gives.

Shop Now<http://www.smile.amazon.com>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/2098ca541b563fa96b8822b3f/images/bcf91260-8528-418f-ac73-16389565abd5.png]

Combined Federal Campaign
CFC Code: 78453

Join the CFC<https://www.opm.gov/combined-federal-campaign/find-local-campaigns/locator/>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/2098ca541b563fa96b8822b3f/images/39991eeb-4b09-4f45-905f-b0252ff9ce74.jpg]

Donate
Participate in Giving Tuesday

Donate Now<https://givingtuesday.razoo.com/us/story/Tribal-Law-And-Policy-Institute>

Would you like more information about our organization?

In November 2015, the Tribal Law and Policy Institute released a video commemorating its 20th Anniversary featuring notable individuals in Indian Country.

[Tribal Law and Policy Institute 20th Anniversary]<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1fJplpJi6M&t=5s>

Watch Now<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1fJplpJi6M&t=5s>

Since 1996, the Tribal Law and Policy Institute<http://www.home.tlpi.org>, a Native American operated non-profit, has been dedicated to providing free publication resources and comprehensive training and technical assistance for Native Nations and tribal justice systems in pursuit of our vision to empower Native communities to create and control their own institutions for the benefit of all community members, now, and for future generations. The following are illustrations of Current TLPI projects<http://www.home.tlpi.org/#!current-projects/c1sil>:

  *   The Tribal Court Clearinghouse<http://www.TLPI.org> and eight other websites
  *   Tribal-State Collaborations projects including the Walking on Common Ground website<http://www.WalkingonCommonGround.org>
  *   National Indian Nations Conferences: Justice for Victims of Crime<http://www.ovcinc.org%20>
  *   VAWA 2013 Enhanced Tribal Jurisdiction<http://www.tribal-institute.org/lists/vawa_2013.htm>
  *   Tribal Sexual Assault Resources<http://www.home.tlpi.org/#!sexual-assault-publications/c1geg> and Violence against Native Women resources<http://www.home.tlpi.org/#!violence-against-native-women-publicatio/c1w6j>
  *   Tribal Sex Trafficking Resources<http://www.tribalcoalitions.org>
  *   Tribal Legal Code Resources<http://www.home.tlpi.org/#!legal-code-development-series/c1zb2> and Tribal Legal Studies textbooks<http://www.home.tlpi.org/#!tribal-legal-studies-textbook-series/c1ozn>
  *   Tribal Healing to Wellness Court training and resources Tribal Healing to Wellness Courts<http://www.wellnesscourts.org>
  *   Tribal Child Welfare Resources<http://www.nrc4tribes.org> and Child Welfare Capacity Building Center for Tribes<https://capacity.childwelfare.gov/tribes/>
For more information on current TLPI projects click here<https://sway.com/B68QdUhcYaYtuFgI> and past TLPI projects<http://www.home.tlpi.org/#!past-projects/c1scn>, please visit the new TLPI website<http://www.home.TLPI.org%20>.

Thank you!

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/2098ca541b563fa96b8822b3f/images/b575329f-4248-4c70-8611-2d10ca2f6616.jpg]<http://www.home.tlpi.org>

Tribal Law and Policy Institute Staff

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-twitter-48.png]<http://www.twitter.com/TLPI1996>