[Tribal-drug-courts] Reminder: THWC Enhancement Training 2016: Call for Presentations

Lauren van Schilfgaarde Lauren at tlpi.org
Wed May 11 10:49:59 CDT 2016

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D18F16.893CCA10]<http://www.wellnesscourts.org/>

2016 Tribal Healing to Wellness Court Enhancement Training<http://enhtraining.tlpi.org/call-for-presentations>
Call for Presentations<http://enhtraining.tlpi.org/call-for-presentations>

Preparations are abound!  We are currently planning for the 5th Annual Tribal Healing to Wellness Court Enhancement Training<http://enhtraining.tlpi.org/home>, tentatively planned for
September 27-29, 2016,
in Albuquerque, NM.

This three-day training will offer workshops on a variety of topics and fields, all geared towards enhancing currently operational Healing to Wellness Courts.

We are currently accepting proposals for presentations. If you and/or your organization would like to present a workshop at our Enhancement Training, we warmly invite you to submit a proposal by May 15, 2016.

Potential topics could include, but are not limited to:

•        Tribal 10 Key Components Practices and Principles

•        Planning a Healing to Wellness Court

•        Healing to Wellness Courts as Matters of Good Governance

•        Team Building

•        Legal Issues in Indian Country

•        Sanctions and Incentives

•        Case Management

•        Performance Evaluation

•        Data Collection

•        Policy and Procedure Development/Revision

•        Incorporating Culture and Tradition

•        Ins-and-Outs of Supervision

•        Evidenced-Based Practices

•        Serving Participants with Co-Occurring Disorders

•        Trauma-Informed Treatment

•        Strength Assessment and Motivational Interviewing

•        Importance of Law Enforcement

•        Defense Counsel in Healing to Wellness Court

•        Unique Role of the Judge in Healing to Wellness Court

•        Collaboration with other Tribal, State and Federal Agencies

•        Juvenile Healing to Wellness Court

•        Family Healing to Wellness Court

•        DWI Court

•        Veterans Court

 Selection Criteria for Workshops will include:

  *   Relevance to Target Audience
  *   Fits into General Training Goals
  *   Presenters Demonstrate Expertise in Working with Native American Communities. (Presenters with limited expertise working with tribal communities are strongly encouraged to collaborate with a co‐presenter who has Indian Country expertise).
  *   Presenters Demonstrate Expertise in Working with Tribal Healing to Wellness Courts and/or State Drug Courts
  *   Encourages Interdisciplinary Coordination and Cooperation
  *   Highlights Promising Practices
  *   Introduces Innovative Strategies
  *   Comports with National Best Practices and Drug Court Standards

Submit presentations proposals here.<http://enhtraining.tlpi.org/call-for-presentations>

More information about the training, including instructions for what information to submit, and how to submit an application are available at our Enhancement Training website at enhtraining.tlpi.org<http://enhtraining.tlpi.org/call-for-presentations>.

Questions about applying to this grant? Email wellness at tlpi.org<mailto:wellness at tlpi.org>.

Open Drug Court Solicitations<http://www.wellnesscourts.org/funding-announcements/>:

·         OJJDP: Family Drug Court and Implementation Program<http://www.ojjdp.gov/grants/solicitations/FY2016/FamilyDrugCourt.pdf>
Due Date: May 31, 2016

·         Joint BJA/SAMHSA Drug Court Grant<https://www.bja.gov/funding/JointDrugCourts16.pdf>
Due Date: May 31, 2016
Copyright © 2016 Tribal Law and Policy Institute, All rights reserved.
www.WellnessCourts.org <http://www.WellnessCourts.org >

Consider donating to TLPI to help us continue our work. Donate here<https://givingtuesday.razoo.com/story/Tribal-Law-And-Policy-Institute>.

Our mailing address is:
8235 Santa Monica Blvd. Ste. 211