[Tribal-drug-courts] Entry Process Question

BJ Jones hon.bj.jones at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 13:08:04 CST 2016

I think the advantage of doing it post-sentencing is that the Defendant
knows what sentence is being suspended and there is some leverage there, as
well as there is more disclosure as far as prior convictions. This may be
especially important in determining if the person has a prior conviction for
a crime of violence. However, if you do it post-sentence you have to make
sure your code has a process, such as commutation or parole, that would
allow the Drug Court judge to amend the sentence. BJ Jones