[Tribal-drug-courts] 2016 TLPI Violence Against Native Women Training Sessions- Hotel and Early Bird Rate Deadline Extended Jan 27, 2016

Lauren van Schilfgaarde Lauren at tlpi.org
Thu Jan 21 18:56:20 CST 2016

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/2098ca541b563fa96b8822b3f/images/e1bc817c-b08b-4f3d-a84e-6a45333cf002.png]

Hotel and Early Bird Rate Extended
January 27, 2016!

February 29 - March 1, 2016

Double Tree Suites Santa Monica
1707 Fourth Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401
For agendas and more information please visit www.tlpi.org<http://www.tlpi.org>

Register Today!<http://tlpi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2098ca541b563fa96b8822b3f&id=21e56dca58&e=509c3807cc>

Training Track #1:
Strengthening Tribal Laws to Protect Native Women and Families

Presenters: Jerry Gardner, Kelly Stoner, and Maureen White Eagle

Participants will walk away with specific strategies and resource tools for developing tribal laws supporting victim safety and batterer accountability.

Participants will receive copies of the three updated tribal code development resources on Sexual Assault and Stalking; Domestic Violence; and exercising increased tribal authority under TLOA/VAWA.

*Pending California Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/2098ca541b563fa96b8822b3f/images/5e254a5c-1986-422c-b294-b61f202d66cb.png]

Domestic Violence, TLOA/VAWA, and Sexual Assault and Stalking Laws

Training Track #2:
Incorporating Indigenous Traditions and Practice in Our Work with Victim/Survivors

Presenters: Bonnie Clairmont and Jim Clairmont

Participants will walk away with specific strategies and resource tools for incorporating Indigenous Traditions and Practices in Our Work with Victim/Survivors.

Participants will be provided with copies of the video and video guidebook for Listen to Our Grandmothers: Utilizing Cultural Traditions in Our Response to Violence Against Indian Women which was developed by the Tribal Law and Policy Institute.

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/2098ca541b563fa96b8822b3f/images/9b4c5df2-8f5d-4627-b4d4-fae779ce8aae.jpg]

Listen to the Grandmother Video Resource Guide

Register Today at www.regonline.com/TLPI2016<http://tlpi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2098ca541b563fa96b8822b3f&id=a8d3d7ef2c&e=509c3807cc>

Early Bird Rate: $400.00
Early Bird Deadline:
   January 27, 2016
Regular Rate: $450.00

Registration covers a two day training, materials, daily lunch and beverages. Please register by February 25, 2016 if feasible. Onsite registration will be available.

* If paying by check please download and complete registration form at www.home.tlpi.org<http://tlpi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2098ca541b563fa96b8822b3f&id=8dc6032dbb&e=509c3807cc>.

Double Tree Suites
  Santa Monica
Marquee 1 & 2 Meeting Rooms
1707 Fourth Street, Santa Monica, CA  90401

Hotel rate: $217.00
  (federal per diem rate)
Hotel code: TLF

Reservations: 310-395-3332 or toll free 800-222-8733

If you are an Office on Violence Against Women (OVW) grantee, please submit a grant adjustment notice (GAN) to your Program Manager requesting approval to use OVW grant funds to attend this training.

[http://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-twitter-48.png]<http://tlpi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2098ca541b563fa96b8822b3f&id=65bbdfd1ec&e=509c3807cc>

[http://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-facebook-48.png]<http://tlpi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2098ca541b563fa96b8822b3f&id=a44e42f898&e=509c3807cc>

Copyright © 2015 Tribal Law and Policy Institute, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
8235 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 211
West Hollywood, CA  90046
Phone: 323-650-5467