[Tribal-drug-courts] FW: Intergovernmental cooperative agreements with Tribes

Lauren van Schilfgaarde Lauren at tlpi.org
Thu Mar 5 13:59:23 CST 2015

Greetings!

I am inquiring as to whether any state drug courts have an intergovernmental cooperative agreement with a non-PL 280 tribe as to the supervision and monitoring of Indian drug court participants that reside on sovereign tribal lands?  If so, I would greatly appreciate a copy of the agreement.  Further, I am assuming that the above-identified participants are required to sign a waiver, and would appreciate a copy of said waiver.  Any advice as to how to effectuate such an agreement is welcomed, in addition to any insight as to problems or concerns other jurisdictions have experienced, either from a tribal perspective or state jurisdiction perspective.  Thank you!!

Hon. Christie A. Timko
Harney County Treatment Court
Harney County Circuit Court
450 North Buean Vista #16