[Tribal-drug-courts] Upcoming APPA Webinar: Prisoner Re-Entry: A Tribal Model for Managing High Risk Offenders, March 10th, 2015
Lauren van Schilfgaarde
Lauren at tlpi.org
Thu Mar 5 11:31:57 CST 2015
View this email in your browser<*|ARCHIVE|*>
Upcoming Webinar from the American Parole and Probation Association:
Prisoner Re-Entry: A Tribal Model Managing High Risk Offenders<https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6217312008911765249>
Join the APPA for a webinar on March 10, 2015 at 12PM PST.
-Tony Fish, Muscogee (Creek) Nation Reintegration Program Manager
- Carrie Wyatt, Muscogee (Creek) Nation Case Manager
- Elisha Watashe
- Kimberly Cobb, American Probation & Parole Association
Muscogee (Creek) Nation Reintegration Program believes every citizen; even an ex-prisoner is important and capable of change. Launching in 2005, the program began with minimal staff yet provided services towards a better life for ex-prisoners. Now in 2015, the program has grown significantly and will continue to grow through validated efforts from staff and the working relationships of others close to the program. MCN RIP has developed key working relationships with the DOC, Probation and Parole, Muscogee Nation Behavior Health, Tero, Employment and Training and other agencies.
This webinar will:
- Discuss the vision and public safety enhanced re-entry services.
- Discuss the extremely high levels of incarceration rates in Oklahoma.
- Discuss the importance of collaboration between MCN RIP, Probation and Parole, Housing managers, and various cognitive restructuring programs.
- Discuss the employment barriers ex-prisoners face on a day-to-day basis when released and the employment opportunities that exist.
- Discuss the challenges and lessons learned from an ex-prisoner perspective. (Elisha Watashe)
Copyright © 2014 Tribal Law and Policy Institute, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
8235 Santa Monica Blvd. Ste. 211
West Hollywood, CA 90046
unsubscribe from this list<http://tribal-institute.org/mailman/options/tribal-drug-courts_tribal-institute.org> update subscription preferences<*|UPDATE_PROFILE|*> <http://tribal-institute.org/mailman/options/tribal-drug-courts_tribal-institute.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tribal-drug-courts