[Tribal-drug-courts] Juvenile Healing to Wellness Court-specific Purpose Area in FY 2015 CTAS
Lauren van Schilfgaarde
Lauren at tlpi.org
Fri Nov 21 14:39:59 CST 2014
View this email in your browser<*|ARCHIVE|*>
CTAS FY 2015<http://www.wellnesscourts.org/events/?a=496> Purpose Area 8: Juvenile Healing to Wellness Courts (Alcohol-Specific)
“Due to the elimination of funding from the Juvenile Accountability Block Grant program, the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) has changed the focus of the current Purpose Area #8 (Tribal Juvenile Accountability Discretionary Grant program) from accountability-based programs for youth to tribal healing to wellness courts for juveniles.”
The overall goal of Purpose Area 8 is to enhance the capacity of tribal courts to respond to the alcohol-related issues of youth under the age of 21. This can include the development of a new juvenile healing to wellness court or enhancements to an existing tribal healing to wellness court.
Note that in addition to utilizing the tribal 10 key components<http://www.wellnesscourts.org/tribal-key-components/index.cfm>, this purpose area includes specific objectives, including:
· Grantees must inventory their policies, procedures, assessment tools, and services that currently address youth under age 21 who possess or consume alcohol and suffer from alcohol-related issues
· Grantees must determine gaps in the above tool that new or improved activities would enhance in working with youth under age 21 who possess or consume alcohol and suffer from alcohol-related issues. Gaps could include
o Culturally appropriate provisions for right to counsel
o Judicial policies that allow for delinquent charges/records to be expunged
· Grantees must identify what relevant data is being collected regarding underage alcohol possession and consumption
· Grantees will develop or enhance policies, procedure, assessment tools, and services that address youth under age 21.
The department's Fiscal Year (FY) 2015 CTAS is available at www.justice.gov/tribal/open-solicitations<http://www.justice.gov/tribal/open-solicitations>. The deadline to apply is February 24, 2015.
* FY 2015 CTAS Solicitation<http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/tribal/pages/attachments/2014/11/19/ctas_fy-2015_solicitation.pdf>
* Sample FY 2015 CTAS Assurances<http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/tribal/pages/attachments/2014/11/19/2015_ctas_assurances.pdf>
* Sample FY 2015 CTAS Certifications<http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/tribal/pages/attachments/2014/11/19/2015_ctas_certifications.pdf>
* Sample FY 2015 CTAS Timeline<http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/tribal/pages/attachments/2014/11/19/ctas_2015_sample_timeline.pdf>
* CTAS 2015 Fact Sheet<http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/tribal/pages/attachments/2014/11/19/ctas_fy-2015_general_faqs.pdf>
* Sample Template for Executive Summary<http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/tribal/pages/attachments/2014/11/19/executive_summary_template_fy15.pdf>
* Sample Template for the Tribal Narrative Profile<http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/tribal/pages/attachments/2014/11/19/tribal_narrative_profile_template_fy15.pdf>
* Sample Template for Purpose Area 8<http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/tribal/pages/attachments/2014/11/19/purpose_area_8.pdf>
See our Federal Funding Agencies<http://www.wellnesscourts.org/federal-funding-agencies/> page for more information on federal funding opportunities for Healing to Wellness Courts.
The Tribal Law and Policy Institute will be organizing a webinar to overview the solicitation, including this new purpose area, and provide strategies for putting together a successful application. Stay tuned.
· OVC Indian Nations Conference<http://www.ovcinc.org/> ~ Dec. 11-13, 2014 ~ Agua Caliente Indian Reservation
Copyright © 2014 Tribal Law and Policy Institute, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
8235 Santa Monica Blvd. Ste. 211
West Hollywood, CA 90046
unsubscribe from this list<http://tribal-institute.org/mailman/options/tribal-drug-courts_tribal-institute.org> update subscription preferences<*|UPDATE_PROFILE|*> <http://tribal-institute.org/mailman/options/tribal-drug-courts_tribal-institute.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tribal-drug-courts