[Tribal-drug-courts] Reminder: Upcoming Webinar: The Role of Probation and Supervision on the Healing to Wellness Court Team, Dec. 18th

Lauren van Schilfgaarde Lauren at tlpi.org
Fri Dec 12 12:47:52 CST 2014

View this email in your browser<*|ARCHIVE|*>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/2098ca541b563fa96b8822b3f/images/BJA4Webebc90d.jpg]<http://www.wellnesscourts.org/>

Upcoming Webinar:
The Role of Probation and Supervision on the Healing to Wellness Court Team<https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/895337079443004162>

Join us for a webinar on Dec 18, 2014 at 1:00 PM PST.

Register now!

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/895337079443004162

Speakers:
Kimberly Cobb, Research Associate, American Probation and Parole Association
Sara Moffet, Probation Officer II, Nez Perce Adult Healing to Wellness Court

Join the Tribal Law and Policy Institute in our last webinar of the year in the Healing to Wellness Court Webinar Series<http://www.wellnesscourts.org/webinars.cfm>. In this webinar, we will continue our exploration of the various team member roles and responsibilities, this time through the lens of supervision. Frequent and continuous accountability are crucial for participants, especially in the early phases of the Wellness Court. The probation officer is typically the team member that most assumes this responsibility. However, like all team members, their role is quite distinct from their non-Wellness Court duties. Kimberly Cobb, of the American Probation and Parole Association, will overview the role of the probation officer on the Healing to Wellness Court team, including important considerations, common differences among sovereigns, and common challenges that tribes have encountered. Sara Moffet, Probation Officer for the Nez Perce Adult Healing to Wellness Court, will then detail how this role is realized in her every day experiences. This webinar will be recorded and saved as part of our Wellness Court Webinar Series.

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

View System Requirements<http://support.citrixonline.com/s/G2W/Help/SystemRequirements>

Upcoming Trainings:

·         Stay tuned for a TLPI webinar in early January concerning the Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation (CTAS) FY 2015 application.
This webinar will detail the application process, changes in the FY 2015 RFP, as well as a detailed overview of the new Purpose Area 8, reserved exclusively for Juvenile Healing to Wellness Courts. Representatives from the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) and the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP), as well as other technical assistance providers, will be on the webinar to answer any questions you may have about the application process.

Copyright © 2014 Tribal Law and Policy Institute, All rights reserved.
www.WellnessCourts.org <http://www.wellnesscourts.org>

Our mailing address is:
8235 Santa Monica Blvd. Ste. 211
West Hollywood, CA 90046