[Tribal-drug-courts] No Justice Without Peace: 3rd Biennial Gathering of Peacemakers
Lauren van Schilfgaarde
Lauren at tlpi.org
Thu Apr 3 15:51:58 CDT 2014
No Justice Without Peace: 3rd Biennial Gathering of Peacemakers
April 22-24, 2014 | Artesian Hotel in Sulphur, OK
The Tribal Judicial Institute, in collaboration with the Chickasaw Nation, Fox Valley Technical College, the National Tribal Judicial Center, and the Native American Rights Fund will be hosting this year’s Gathering of Peacemakers.
This conference will introduce participants to indigenous justice methodologies and examples of how such methodologies are being incorporated into tribal justice systems. Highlights of the event include:
Tuesday, April 22, 2014: PRE–CONFERENCE
* DOJ/BIA Pre-conference Listening Session Regarding Peacemaking
* Peacemaking Initiative: Feedback Session
Wednesday, April 23-24, 2014: MAIN CONFERENCE
* Peace and Justice Between World Views
* Roundtable Discussion on the Depth pf Peacemaking and Importance of Process
* Victimization to Criminality: How the Cycle of Injustice Continues
* Preparing the Next Generation of Peacemakers through Academia
* Positive Aspects of Peacemaking in Tribal Communities
* Peacemaking Programs at Work in Tribal Nations
* Child Protection Programs and Peacemaking
* Matriarchal Nature of Justice and Peacemaking
* Specialty Courts Using the Peacemaking Model
* Peacemaking in the Court
* Integrated Justice Models
Tribal Leaders, Tribal Judges, Peacemakers, Tribal Court Planners, Tribal Prosecutors, Tribal Attorneys and Tribal Justice System Officials. We also welcome practitioners from Federal and State justice systems who may be providing services to tribal communities and tribal members.
There is no fee for registration. PLEASE VISIT www.law.und.edu/tji/events.cfm<http://www.Swiftpage7.com/SpeClicks.aspx?X=2Z0VLRAAIDPMU9MG00X6WB> TO REGISTER.
PLEASE CONTACT THE ARTESIAN HOTEL at 1-855-455-5255 to reserve a room. A room block has been set up under the Peacemakers Gathering. There is a special conference rate of $83.00/ night plus taxes and fees. The Room Block expires when filled or no later than April 11, 2014 so be sure to reserve your room quickly.
Presented by the Tribal Judicial Institute of the University of North Dakota, with a grant from the United States Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA). For questions, contact Lynnette at 701-777-6306 or lynnette.morin at law.und.edu<mailto:lynnette.morin at law.und.edu>. This training is being hosted in collaboration with the host Chickasaw Nation; National Judicial College; Fox Valley Technical College; and NARF.
NCJTC of FVTC
PO Box 2277
1825 N Bluemound Dr.
Appleton WI 54912
To view as a web page click here<https://www.Swiftpage7.com/speasapage.aspx?X=2Z0VLRAAIDPMU9MG00X6WB>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tribal-drug-courts